Wednesday, June 1, 2011

How to Prevent the Flushing Associated with Niacin Products for Cholesterol

The standard advice has been to take 1 adult aspirin about 20 minutes before the dose. This works reasonably well for most people. Another approach I recently heard from a patient was to take 3/4 cup of applesauce directly before taking the dose (in this case it was 2000 mg a day). The patient reports she has had no trouble since.


Comment: This is a new one for me. It sounds like a great idea. I certainly prefer applesauce to an aspirin. For any of you in the community on niacin, give this a try and let me know how it works for you. Our own little Portola research project!

3 comments:

  1. I first visited this website , and view the contents of the article , it is very

    interesting to observe. Moreover this article that you make very high quality of so

    many health benefits that can be taken after reading the article that you created .

    For me the other benefits that can get inspiration to write on my own website .
    Obat Paru Paru Basah
    Obat Gangguan Seksual
    Obat Tumor
    Obat Nyeri Sendi Lutut dan Jari Tangan
    Obat Rambut Rontok

    ReplyDelete
  2. the same polish box Pro Cleansing Tea petite and fragile filthy vig power capsule fortress of hungry call

    ReplyDelete